Monday, December 29, 2008

Bike Commute Madness!

So, I'm about four blocks from my apt. Minding my own business on a two lane road, passing parked cars, I hear the squeal of tires as a car behind me slams on brakes. I swerve to the right since i'm just passing parked cars and I don't know what's going on behind me. I don't want to get rear ended, that's for sure. I look back now that i'm safe to the side, some guy is directly behind me, revving and braking alternately and honking. He turns right onto a street as we pass it, I slow down and glare, he stops, rolls down his window and yells in a thick Armenian accent, "Get out of my way, get on .. (indecipherable, assume 'on sidewalk') .. motherfucker!" We both go on our way, having lost about 5 seconds from our respective commutes.

What I wonder, is was that guy's anger worth the 5 second delay?

3 comments:

Testicular Homicide said...

It's dangerous out there. Be careful




http://alternativecommutepueblo.blogspot.com/

amidnightrider said...

Hey: I found you over at Bike Forums. I'll be a regular here if you don't mind, and reading from the other coast at work. Usually while your still in bead.

Doohickie said...

You gotta watch it to make sure you don't escalate the situation. The last time I had words with a driver, we were both stopped at a stop sign and we both started screaming at each other... neither of is listening to what the other was saying. I was actually kind of like an argument on a sit-com, and by the time I was done, I was smiling on the inside and maybe even a little on the outside.

But it could have been so much worse I thought as I rode away.