This update has a few little details. They seem small, but they were time consuming.
First off is weld beads made from epoxy putty. (green stuff) I think this is one of those simple additions that adds a lot of character to a tank model. Only the front is pictured here, but it goes all the way around most of the hull panels. I didn't do everything in the spirit of 'not taking it too far' but I think i'm getting all the major parts.
You can see a few more welds on the rear deck here, but what is most obvious is the clamps and rear rack. I was originally just going to use the kit tow cables, but started thinking how much cooler an Afrika Korps tank would look with a rack full of jerry cans, so bought some resin jerry cans and I made a rack out of styrene loosely based on some reference photos. Now since there's a rack with supplies, which will probably include a tarp on at least part of the rear deck, I decided to relocate the tow cables. I've got some framing wire that'll make that handy, although i'm going to have to create the eyelet parts somehow. I don't want to spend any more money to buy pre-built cables... it's been an expensive month already with my Hooben T55 purchase, brakes for my truck, parking ticket, partying all night last weekend.. ugh..
As I mentioned above, i'm relocating the tow cables, so now that means the rear deck is empty. There should be clamps and hooks for the cables. So I made some out of styrene and some brass that was leftovers from old photoetch parts.
Last, but not least for this update is tool clamps. I have some Aber PE tool clamps, but they're so complicated, I just didn't want to use them for this build.. so I made some fake non-working ones. I think they look ok.