Saturday, March 19, 2011

1/48 Tiger - Progress

I know.. it's been a while since I posted anything.  Let me apologize about the AFS kit.  I started it and intend to finish, but it's been put on hold for a bit.  Mostly because I was having trouble finding a suitable base, and when that happens, it kills my motivation, but that's been taken care of and it'll resume in the near future.  Another reason I haven't been working on it is because I wanted to finish the Tiger I that I started almost exactly a year ago.

Here are a couple in progress shots.

Primer

Base color followed by camo and decals.

Now let's talk about road wheels.  The Tiger has a lot.  Painting them can seem like a bitch, but here's an easy way.
Here they are.. ugh.. looks intimidating.

But not really.. first step is to pain them all black, which is the outer rubber color.
Then take a circle template, used for drafting/arts and find a hole that matches the inside "metal" part of the wheels.  Stick the wheel in the hole and paint the metal color.

And voila.. painted wheels.

Next up is the finished pics.. i'm making a new post for it because i've already posted a lot of pics in this one.





No comments: