Here's the box.
So, first off, she's made of soft metal. First steps were to clean up the mold lines, which I did. The metal is soft, so it's basically the same as a plastic kit. After that is a test fit followed by parts pinning. Basically drill holes and stick the parts together with a piece of wire. During the test fit, I noticed there's a huge gap in the back of her cape. I wish i'd taken 'before/after' pics, but you only get an after. As you can see in the pic, there's no more gap. What I did was use a little 'green stuff' putty to fill the gap and resculpt a little detail on it.
Here's the figure primed, and below that is the first layer of paint. She's gonna be a white chick, but i'm starting with a dark base layer for the skin. This is actually different than my usual figure painting, where I would paint a medium tone and add highlights and darks, but this technique is something artists use for painting on canvas, so I thought i'd give it a try.
That's it for today.